Sunday, 23 June 2013

...travelling to Hong Kong

The infamous giant duck in Victoria Harbour.
My first breakfast in Hong Kong.
First of many trips to the local dim sum restaurant.
Dessert Chinese style.
Shanghainese food - Yum!!
All the condiments for Chinese sashimi....
...then some Japanese sashimi!
Dessert again!!
The giant fried chicken that I have been dreaming about.
Street food stalls in Mong Kok.
Last meal in Hong Kong, had to be dim sum!

Since my family are from Hong Kong and China, I have been lucky enough to visit every couple of years ever since I was a child. So when I go, I don't really go for all the typical tourist sites. But i had to make an exception for the giant duck in Victoria Harbour. The giant six storey inflatable duck is an installation by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman. The meaning behind it is to spread joy and remind people of their childhood. No one could look at that rubber face and not smile.
After seeing the duck, for the rest of my trip, I saw friends and family that i don't get to see very often and went out eating all the things that I can't eat here. I love the choice of food out in Hong Kong, I have lost count of the times I have walked out of a restaurant after an amazing meal only to walk around the corner and wish I had room for something else I had spotted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...