Monday, 8 July 2013

...wearing multicolour vintage

Jacket - vintage from ASOS marketplace, top - Zara, jeans - Topshop, shoes - Kurt Geiger & clutch bag - leather market in Florence.

I had been looking for the perfect tweed jacket after seeing this street style shot on pinterest (http://www.waynetippetts.com/?p=19938). I felt a little like goldilocks, the jackets in the shops were never quite what I wanted.  Either too long, too short, too plain, too girly...... The list goes on but when I was just ready to give up the search, I stumbled across this beauty on ASOS marketplace, it was just right!  
I love vintage clothes but I have limited patience for sifting through rail after rail of junk to find the good stuff. I also seem to find better things online, it might just be that I am less likely to buy clothes that I think I can "fix". I bought a vintage dress at a car boot sale about two years ago, it is gorgerous and only cost me a fiver. Problem is the dress is a foot too long, two sizes too big and had really ugly sleeves. I also don't have the sewing skills to fix it. I keep telling myself that I will do it soon though.

Where are your favourite places to shop for vintage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...